Brown Girls Do Ballet® 2018 Summer Intensive Scholarship Application
The annual Brown Girls Do Ballet® Summer Intensive Scholarship is a $500 scholarship given to dancers ages 9-18 who have been accepted to and have registered for a summer intensive program. Preference will be given to an applicant who demonstrates financial need however, we invite all who qualify to apply. This scholarship is intended to cover additional costs associated with dance needs (such as pointe shoes, leotards, travel expenses, etc.) This scholarship is open to U.S. residents only.
The application opens April 9, 2018, and closes May 18, 2018. The chosen recipient will be notified by June 8, 2018.
Submit the application as instructed at the bottom of this page. Applications without the following will not be considered.
- Dance Resume
- Full-body dance photo (does not have to be professional)
- A 2018 Report Card
- Letter of Recommendation - must be from someone who is familiar with your skills as a dancer and leader (such as a dance teacher, school teacher, coach, counselor, community leader, etc.)
- A one-minute solo video (can be classical or contemporary)
- Summer Intensive acceptance letter and recent invoice showing payment
- Proof of annual household income (such as a W-2 form; you may mark out Social Security Numbers)