Dance Dreams of Maryland & Brown Girls Do Ballet Summer Intensive Scholarship Application
The special Dance Dreams of Maryland Summer Intensive Scholarship is a $250 scholarship given to dancers ages 9-18 who have been accepted to and have registered for a summer intensive program, and exhibit financial need. Preference will be given to an applicant who demonstrates financial need however, we invite all who qualify to apply. This scholarship is intended to cover additional costs associated with dance needs (such as pointe shoes, leotards, travel expenses, etc.) This scholarship is open to state of Maryland residents only.
The application opens April 1, 2017, and closes May 15, 2017. The chosen recipient will be notified by June 9, 2017.
Submit the application as instructed at the bottom of this page, and submit the following application materials directly to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Dance Resume
- Full-body dance photo (does not have to be professional)
- A 2017 Report Card
- Letter of Recommendation - must be from someone who is familiar with your skills as a dancer and leader (such as a dance teacher, school teacher, coach, counselor, community leader, etc.)
- A one-minute solo video (can be classical or contemporary)
- Summer Intensive acceptance letter and recent invoice showing payment
- Proof of annual household income (such as a W-2 form; you may mark out Social Security Numbers)