Tis the season! Finding gifts for young brown ballerinas can be a task. We’ve tried to make your holiday shopping a little bit easier with this year’s Brown Girls Do Ballet Holiday Gift Guide. This guide has a bunch of affordable gifts your budding brown ballerina will love. Check out a few of our favorite things below:
3. Konjo Handmade has some the most adorable handmade dolls we’ve ever seen, made with love by a mom who wanted to make dolls that looked like her kiddos. That’s something we can get behind.
5. Ballet Dreams– The amazing true story of Michaela DePrince, a top ballerina, is a great gift for a young dancer. The book is leveled for newly independent readers and full of great images showing Michaela’s rise to fame.
6. Little Miss Dancey Pants Addison is a lively and energetic little girl, who has a very hard time keeping still. Deep down, Addison knows she is a star, but it is not until her mom recognizes her natural ability that Addison is encouraged to explore her true potential as a dancer. This story is a perfect book to add to a young dancer’s collection.
7. 100 Halos by Everett Dyson -Artist Everett Dyson has put together an amazing sketch collection of ballerinas. A great gift for dancers and non-dancers alike. You can purchase prints and tote bags here.
8. Brown Girls Do Ballet- We’ve got stuff! Stay on pointe with our Stay On Pointe campaign tanks, kid tees, and mugs!
9. Tru-Colour Bandages -Brown Ballerinas get boo boos too and that’s were Tru-Colour comes in! Created by a dad wanting to find a bandage in his son’s skin tone, Tru-Colour bandages promote diversity in healing. This perfect stocking stuffer can be found here.
10. Kinetic Essentials -Kinetic Essentials is a dance apparel and accessory boutique located in Los Angeles. Their HUEpolish provides easy flesh tone coloring for canvas ballet and pointe shoes. They offer a full Dance Package as well, that includes HUEpolish, Muscle Rub, Hot/Cold Therapy Pack, and Physical Therapy Balls!
11. Mahogany Blues Dance Apparel– Brown Ballerinas come in shades so not just any generic nude will do! Mahogany Blues Dance Apparel is filling the gap by providing custom nude leos in your shade of brown. You can place your order by visitingwww.mbdanceapparel.com.